Thursday, May 13, 2010

SHAKING THE FAMILY TREE

It's clear now to me what I can focus my blog about - the family tree. About a month ago, I don't really know why, I got the urge to have a look at my family history.
Have exhausted all my leads for now. It is a waiting game and we all love waiting, waiting, waiting.
There have been very limited responses to message boards, although I must admit, I did hit the jackpot with help from Hannia - who got me my cousin Myroslava's address in Lviv. Off went a letter to her straight away... and now I'm waiting, waiting waiting to hear back.
Also.... waiting to hear back fom the mob in Germany who provide info re refugees in camps....
Also... have ordered LDS films for region wher my dad was born.
Will have to spend some time in Adel going thru that material when it arrives.

There are so many HLIB'S around... historical ones... but no certainty whether they are relatives.
Will try to put up a blog of all the ones that are hovering..... like ghosts from the past....

The two photos are side by side shots of the same people, but with a gap of about 60 yrs. The wedding photo was from around 1930 - the later shot in 1990.

No comments:

Post a Comment