Wednesday, July 28, 2010

RAPIDLY GOING BONKERS !!!

Krystina and Ihor
Friday May 28th... time passes. Frustratingly, not making much progress on family tree. Wrote a letter to my cousin Myroslava but haven't heard back. Nothing has come of my other minor leads. Strange that nothing seems to bear fruit.

Today... Thurs 29th July. Much has happened. The best news is that I did track down my cousin Luba in Lviv and have spoken with her a few times. Her daughter Krystena was 6 when we visited them... now she is 26 and has twin sons aged 6 and a husband ( another Ihor).

Still hard at work trying to find more about the HLIB... side of the family. Found a good reference in the LDS records to a Hrehorey Hlib, from Kolomeya and Cheremchow. I think he was recruited in 1906 as a reservist in Lviv. Born in 1879. The exciting thing is that a young woman in Ukraine ( Solomiya ) who is a Hlib... has just provided me with information about her side of the family. I find this all very exciting !  There are some gr. cath. priests in her family, but the two names she provided did not match with my grandfather ( Volodemyr born 1868 - 1928 )... however, she did say there was another one.... and she would find the details. There are Volodemyrs in her family too... so I am hoping that we might have a common relative either through my grandfather or my great grandfather. All I know about him is that his name was Mykhaylo ( Michael ) ... Stay tuned for further developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment