Sunday, March 21, 2010

JUST WONDERING....

Around 11 pm at night I take the dog outside for a pee. I also have one myself ( pee). Since I live ina rural community, the stars look absolutely fabulous most nights. The Milky Way dominates the heavens. Kind of makes one feel a bit tiny, looking up into the heavens and TRYING to realise how big the universe is. Puts things into perspective.
The question which comes to mind is this: if the universe is expanding ( as I was taught ), then what is it expanding into? What is there where there is no universe ( yet ) ?
Hey, I don't lose too much sleep over it, but as a 55+ male, I 'm rapidly coming to understand our vulnerability. Those who are able to buy the whole god thing may take some comfort that there is an after life and reward after we die, but that's just a guess; nobody REALLY knows.
Enough of such thoughts. Have never tried this blogging before; don't know if anyone will read this, but in case you do, good luck to you. Catchya next time

No comments:

Post a Comment