Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lonely look into the past

For some reason, I started looking around on the internet for someone with a similar surname to mine. Now, I believe there is nobody in Australia with a surname like mine, but in the country my parents came from, there could be ... and in other countries like Canada, USA or England, there could be.

Since ther can be many variations in spelling ( my name was translated from a cyrillic alphabet ) it took a bit of  hunting before I did come across some people with similar or identical names. One of them even lives in the same city my father came from.

I am trying currently through facebook to establish contact with them. It is a strange process. It has evoked many emotions and woken some part of me that has laid dormant for a long time. Although I never have a need/use for my "mother tongue" ( my parents raised me in their language and I only learnt English when I started to interact with other kids), I now find myself thinking thoughts in that language.

No comments:

Post a Comment